A Comprehensive Manual To The Research Paper Writing Process
There are various set of stages that are involved when you are asked to write a comprehensive manual on research paper writing.
Check out its steps-
- Discover, narrow and concentrate on the topic: Find out an interesting topic. Write in your own style. Talk with your instructor and present the topic in question format.
- Divide them in groups, sequences and frame the document: Do your research through-
- library catalogue, periodical indexes, bibliographies and take suggestions from your instructor
- Primary versus secondary sources
- Journals, library books and other online documents.
Write the topic, its significance, background information, purpose statement and organizational plan that will support the purpose of study.
- To keep yourself organized, you need to keep a note of all the sources on bibliographic cards.
- Your materials should be organized based on their significance.
- Keep notes securely and in organized way so that you can refer them whenever needed.
- Offer relevant background or material related to the context.
- All terms and concepts should be defined appropriately.
- Focus of the paper should be kept in mind. Pay due attention on the specific purpose of the study.
- In the introduction, the plan of organization should be revealed explicitly.
- This section should be written using an outline and the list of points based on the flexible guidelines.
- The essay should be written based on the points you want to include in your essay.
- Assemble all your sources into the dissertation discussing the chief points.
- Summarize, carry an analysis, explain and evaluate any reliable published work. Simply reporting will not be fruitful.
- Discuss the points in their generalized state and move up and down through the ladder of abstraction.
Summarize the complex argument here. Explain the significance of your findings. Add up all the points here. Carry an explanation from generalized to detailed level of considerations. Return to the topic and relate to the introduction. Also talk about why your topic requires further research.
- Analyze overall organization in terms of rationality of the introduction, consistency and the depth of the body and finally the effectiveness of the conclusion.
- Pay attention to sentence structure, choice of words, spelling mistakes, punctuation or other grammar related issues.
- Topic sentences, sequencing of the paragraphs based on the ideas, support generalization details, summary sentences and use of transition between the paragraphs are also important.
- Pay focus on the constant use of one system, appropriate use of endnotes and footnotes and accuracy of citations.